This article is meant to be a brief example of how to use PSIsafe Retriever to connect to an application. For more information on PSIsafe Retriever, see:
Step 1 – Start the Application PSIsafe Retriever is connected to
This application displays visually on the screen some sort of index data connected to PSIsafe. PSIsafe retriever will monitor this area of that product and try to "Retrieve" the information and link it to PSIsafe.
Step 2 – Start and Login into PSIsafe Retriever
Step 3 – Focus the connected application
Give the connected application focus by clicking on it. The PSIsafe Retriever logo will be displayed in the corner. To activate PSIsafe Retriever click on the logo.
PSIsafe Retriever Minimized
PSIsafe Retriever running and connected to Outlook
Step 4 – Open PSIsafe Retriever
PSIsafe Retriever can be opened at any time by clicking on the Logo. Several things can be done at this point.
- Clicking the logo again will shrink PSIsafe Retriever back to the logo button.
- Selecting the Manual box enables folder lookup via dropdown selection when the Find button is pressed.
- Clicking Show will expand PSIsafe Retriever to display the selected folder contents.
- When the folder contents are displayed, the Tabs box controls how tabs are organized.
- When the folder contents are displayed, the + - boxes control the height of the folder display.
PSIsafe Retriever Displayed
Step 5 – Show/Hide Folder Contents
Folder’s contents can be displayed by clicking the “Show” button. At this point, anything normally done with the document list in PSIsafe can be done in Retriever. If Auto Open setup option is selected, the document list is automatically displayed whenever a new record is displayed in the connected application.
To hide the document list, simply click the “Hide” button.
PSIsafe operations, including View, Edit, Scan, New, etc. are performed using the PSIsafe Retriever toolbar items located above the document list. Documents can also be added to the folder by dragging and dropping them over the document list area.
PSIsafe Retriever with document list.