Another feature of Books is to quickly enter credit card transaction into QuickBooks from the credit card receipts and file the receipt into PSIsafe. This can be done easily and effectively with the credit card entry screen. Multiple transactions may be scanned or opened at one time and entered in a batch style mode. As each transaction is entered and added, the image will move to the next transaction in the list. The steps below (Figure 8) detail how to enter a credit card charge using Books:
- Select the company setup for which you would like to enter credit card charge. If there is only one company setup available Books will default to it.
- Either open a document from a previously scanned image or scan directly into Books with your TWAIN compliant scanner.
- Select the Credit Card entry mode by clicking the icon or selecting Credit Card entry from the QuickBooks Entry menu.
- Select the appropriate QuickBooks data for the image displayed in the Credit Card Details panel.
- Click the Add Charge and File button to enter the data in QuickBooks and file the image in PSIsafe.
Adding Line Items to a Credit Card Entry
QuickBooks allows for the entry of individual line items when a charge is entered. Books this same function via the Items or Expenses button in the Credit Card Entry Panel (Figure 8, above). Selecting the Expenses item displays the Enter Expense Line Item Accounts screen (Figure 9, below). All the appropriate data is retrieved from QuickBooks. The user simply selects the correct Account/Amount and any other optional fields (Customer/Memo/Class) and clicks the Add button. Continue doing this until all of the Expense items are added. After the expense items have been completed, click the Done button to return to the Bill Entry panel in Books. Deleting a line item is simple. Highlight the entire row by clicking on the button to the left of the ID field in the grid. Then select the Delete button on the right side of the screen.
PSIsafe Books Guide, PSIsafe Books End User Guide, How to Use PSIsafe Books