PSIsafe Groups allow users to designate Access Rights, Workflow Routing, and other functions of permissions and administration features throughout PSIsafe products.
Multiple users may be added into Groups. Groups are used to provide a simple way of granting common access rights.They can also be used during workflow to send a document to multiple people. For example, an ‘Accounting Staff’ group might be created for the users in the accounting department that have the same job functions and document access. Rights can then be applied to this group negating the need to assign rights to each individual user. An individual and a group the individual is a member of may have different rights to the same cabinet; however, the lesser rights will take precedence. If Groups are set up prior to setting up users, the user may be added to the group when added or edited. After being added to the group, the new user will have exactly the same rights as the other group members.
- Select User Settings > Groups from the Management console panel.
- Click Add.
- Enter a Name for the group.
- Select Add to add users.
- Select Remove to remove a user.
- Select the group Type. Only the CNG and FLO groups are currently used. The others group types are inactive at this time. CNG is used for group rights; FLO is used for group workflow.
- Enter a Description for the group.
- Click Finish.
Copying Assignments to Another User or Group
To set a user’s group assignments to another user or group – go to Management>User Settings>Users and at the bottom of the user screen select Advanced.
Select the Source user whose group assignments will be copied to other users or groups. Selection is performed by clicking on the desired user in the list that is displayed after clicking the source button. Quick Search can be used to locate a user in a long list.
- Select Destination, either Group or User. Selection is performed by clicking on the desired user in the list that is displayed after clicking the Source button. Quick Search can be used to locate a user in a long list. Use the CTRL key to select multiple Users/Groups.
- Click Apply. Then click OK on the Process Complete pop up.
Keywords: PSIsafe Management User Groups, PSIsafe Management Groups, How to Groups PSIsafe, Add User to Group PSIsafe