Information in PSIsafe is stored in the following hierarchy:
To retrieve information from PSIsafe, you begin by selecting a repository. If only one repository exists, you can begin by selecting a cabinet. Once these have been selected, you can locate a specific folder or document(s):
- Select a cabinet, under the Repository section in the upper-left of the screen, or put the name of cabinet in the quick search field on the right-hand side.
- Select a folder within the selected cabinet or search using the find box under folders, indicated by the magnifying lens at the top of the Folder pane.
- Open the folder with a mouse double click or a single click on the “Open” icon on the toolbar.
- After opening the folder, the document(s) belonging to the folder will be displayed.
- The selected document will be visible in the “Preview” panel (if enabled).
- Note: The Preview module is only a display to give you a quick view of the document, not for editing or changing the content in any capacity.
- Double click the document to edit or view in detail with the document application program.
- After edit or viewing in the application program, close the program to save the document.
Several Shortcut keys are available to accelerate efficiency. Shortcut keys are operational in the Folder and Document views. Shortcuts are performed by holding the Ctl key and pressing the desired letter.
Wherever possible, standard shortcuts are support, for example (Ctl+A) will select all listed items.
- A = Select all (Folder/Document)
- B = Back (Document)
- C = Copy Folder Indexes (Folder)
- D = Bookmark (Folder/Document)
- E = Edit (Folder/Document)
- F = Find/Search (Folder/Document)
- H = Refresh (Document)
- I = Check-in (Document)
- K = Check-out (Folder – Open, Document - Check out)
- L = Schedule (Folder/Document)
- M = email (Document)
- N = New (Folder/Document)
- O = Open (Folder/Document)
- P = Print List (Folder/Document)
- R = Route (Folder/Document)
- S = Scan (Document)
- T = Toggle Hide Tab if Empty (Document)
- V = View (Document)
- X = Export (Document)
For a full description of the search capabilities within PSIsafe go to the Search section of this document.
Document Screen and Preview Window
Documents can be quickly located without a search by selecting the appropriate “Tab” at the top of the document list. For a more detailed search select Search on the button bar. If several documents exist in the file and a search is needed, the “Find” box at the bottom of the document screen can be used to type in the search criteria.
To use the Search field on the Toolbar, go to the top right side of the folder screen – may do a repository, all cabinet search.
1. Enter Document Title or;
2. Enter Folder Index or;
3. Enter word content for full text search – if you have OCR license, text documents, and the cabinets in Management are set to do full text search.
In the quick search to do a folder search enter an index and click on get results to bring in folders matching the index requested. The following is a search for PSIsafe v. 11.3:
The search interface changed in PSIsafe v. 12.1, as seen below:
Document List Button Bar: Clicking the “Back” button on the toolbar takes you back to the folder screen.
- Back – goes to the folder screen.
- View – document (rights driven - view).
- Edit – document (rights driven - edit).
- Scan – desktop scanner – scan directly into PSIsafe – (PDF or Tif) must have a naming template – (rights driver – create).
- New – allows creation of document from within folder – word, word merge, excel, forms – must have a document template set in Management (rights driven – create).
- Print - Print content to an installed printer.
- Tools - A variety of tools to assist in your workflow:
- Export Document Listing
- Check Out
- Get AP Information
- Toggle Hide Tab If Empty
- Toggle Quick Search
To get additional information, hold down the CTRL key and click on close. This is useful for IT to find Repository ID, Cabinet ID, Folder ID and Document ID.
Document Actions (Right Click)
Right click mouse on the document title to access these actions:
- Preview – open document in the preview mode.
- View – open document in the view mode.
- Edit Document – open document in the edit mode (edit rights required).
- Route – document is routed as private, public, distribute or distribute with reply.
- Lock – document cannot be viewed (lock rights required).
- Unlock – only staff with lock rights may remove lock from document.
- Suspend/Unsuspend – staff cannot work in document , however, document can be viewed (lock rights required).
- Versions – original document is saved when changes are made (edit rights required to make changes).
- Keyword – additional search tool for document – added when document is entered in PSIsafe Get document information – see previous page.
- Trace - document in workflow or being accessed by a staff member.
- Add schedule – Add bookmark – right click on cabinet, folder, or document to add.
- Cut document to move to another tab, folder, or cabinet (delete rights required).
- Copy document to another tab, folder, or cabinet.
- Paste document to another tab, folder, or cabinet (create rights required).
- Paste Advance – change security and tab when move is made.
- Delete – document is deleted and removed to the recyle bin – (delete rights required).
- Make Parent Documents – change a child document (attachment) to a parent document.
- Multiple documents can now be attached to a parent document using drag and drop.
- Change Image format – from a Tif to a PDF or from a PDF to a Tif – images only.
- Compare documents – compare 2 documents, also located on the Speed Bar.
Cut and Paste Parent/Child Documents Together
Documents with attachments can be cut and pasted by just selecting the parent document. All documents will be selected and the Parent/Child relationship remains intact. Drag and drop of documents with attachments is also supported within the folder.
1. Select parent document> right click> select Cut
2. Navigate to the destination location> right click> select Paste
1. Select parent document> drag and drop to another tab within the same folder
End users can change and reset their own passwords when enabled in management. When password reset is enabled, the Login screen will display ‘Forgot your password?’
Many parameters are configurable in PSIsafe Management including:
1. Enable Password Reset. When checked, “Forgot your password?” is displayed and end users will be able to reset their passwords without assistance.
2. Enable Password Security Challenge. Provides an additional layer of security by randomly presenting any one of three user defined challenges that must be answered. Note: User must define the challenges/answers prior to being able to use the Password Reset Security Challenge.
3. Password Policy. Enforces minimum password requirements.
To change a password, click on the ellipse next to the password field.
If a Password policy is enabled, the user can see what the minimum requirements are by clicking the Policy Info button.
Keywords: PSIsafe Shortcuts, PSIsafe Shortcut Keys, PSIsafe Hotkeys, Hotkeys PSIsafe