Batch Tool Bar Functions
Users can file multiple documents, using different Batch Mode templates, into the same folder without reselecting the folder. Earlier versions cleared the folder entry whenever a different Batch Template is selected. Selecting Batch Templates that point to a different Cabinet still clear the selected folder since a new folder must be selected.
- Open document(s) from a location in Explorer, i.e., a shared folder.
- Open Import documents from a network location via file selection select as few or as many documents as you wish to bring in or bring in documents from a shared folder.
Note: Using the CTRL or SHIFT key allows multiple selections of documents. CTRL allows pick from list and SHIFT allows
selection of list.
Change Users: May change users from this location.
- Management: Go to Management, if user is the administrator or cabinet administrator.
Thumbnails – may select location and size. Show Selection Panel. Undock Batch from PSIsafe, move to another screen.
Scan documents into Batch using a desk top scanner. This option is selected by using the Scan button on the toolbar. The scanner can be selected from the Select Source under the scan option. Once the scanner has completed scanning the pages, it will transfer the document directly into Batch. Click on Scan or the dropdown to select fast scan. Operator may select 1 Bit, 8 Bit, or 24 Bit (Color).
- Select scanning preference
- 1Bit (Black and White)
- 8 Bit (Gray scale)
- 24 Bit (Color)
- Click on Scan and select scanner
To permanently set scanner selection, open a TIF file and in Imageman click on Tools>Options>General>Select Scanner to permanently set scanner selection, will not ask for the scanner selection each time a document is scanned.
- Scan Import documents directly via TWAIN scanner. This option is selected by using the Scan button on the toolbar. Once the scanner has completed scanning the pages, it will transfer the document directly into Batch.
Click on dropdown, scan and select preference for scanning
Toolbar - Options - General
Each user may select Batch Options. If Synchronize image with server is selected, the user name entering the documents into batch is the user who may retrieve the documents on another machine. Machine documents entered on must be closed.
Tool bar – Options - Load Monitor
Load Monitor is a specific network directory to import a specified number of documents each time the load button is selected. When the load monitor is used, documents are deleted from the f older after they are brought into Batch. Setting up Load Monitor, go to Options on the tool bar in Batch, opens to Options> Select Load Files.
- Click on the Save button located on the lower right.
- To setup Auto Load, Select Options>Load Files from the toolbar menu. The screen above will be displayed. Auto Load sets a directory to load documents using the Browse button. Select the file extension to load from the Load file types, will open by placing mouse over the file extension to load. Select the “Handle Multipage Documents” according to how the operator wants the documents brought into the batch load screen. May bring in the following extensions: Tiff, PDF, JPG, and PNG. After setting up Auto Load, the operator clicks the “Load” button on the toolbar and documents are automatically loaded into Batch.
- Always Split Multipage Document
- Never Split Multipage Documents
- Always Prompt When Loading a Multipage Document
Tool Bar – Options – Handle Multipage Documents
Batch can output to PSIsafe as a TIF image or PDF based on the operator’s preference. Pages are selected from the batch of images available and combined into a single document, or may be brought in as a multipage document. Options: Load Files>Handle Multipage Documents – operator selects option preference.
This document is then filed directly into PSIsafe in either the original TIF format or as a PDF, JPG or PNG.
Tool Bar - Text Capture
Click on text capture, draw a box around text on the document, click on segment in naming template; will copy text.
Tool Bar - File Button
- Save changes made to document
- Print – May print document
- If Annotation is selected – view and edit only.
- If Annotation Permanent is selected – preview, view and edit (will be black and white).
- Definition for Tools located on page.
Change the size of the document in preview mode
Rotate and Combine within Batch
Users can select one or more thumbnails in Batch and perform the following operations:
Select desired thumbnails, then right click, and pick action to be performed. Note: curser must be sitting over one of the selected thumbnails.
Using the Combine option combines the selected documents (TIF and/or PDF) and allows the user to File to PSIsafe, Save to a directory outside of PSIsafe, Email, or Print the combined document.
Note: Using the Combine option does not remove the items from Batch.
Keywords: PSIsafe Batch Capture Toolbar, Batch Capture Options