Automatic Template Setup within Batch
- Select Options
- Open Templates
- Add – add a new template
- Edit – edit a current template
- Delete – current template
- Below is a template set up as a Delivery Ticket
Adding a Template
- Create Template Name.
- Fixed Pages Per Document – tells the barcode scanner there is one page per barcode. If the number of pages is variable, set to 0 – will file pages that are a part of the barcoded page.
- Select Cabinet – can be static or obtained from a barcode or from a predefined zone on a page.
- Select Folder – This tells Batch which barcode on the page to use for locating the folder in which to file the document. This barcode will be used to match the folder index defined as the Unique ID in the cabinet set up.
- Auto Template is set up in the Batch Auto Mode>Options>Templates
- Select Tab Name – can be static, obtained from a barcode or a predefined zone on a page.
- Enter Document Name – examples of segments that can be auto populated can be found by clicking the ellipse button at the far right of the document title text entry field.
- Attach document using DBMS key (requires only a Cabinet selection) PSIsafe can associate a database key field with each document stored in. If a document is stored in PSIsafe with the barcode value as the DBMS key, then the new document is attached to the document with the matching DBMS key. If there is no matching document, then the document is stored as a new parent document.
- Select Manager, Security, Extension, and Retention – unless a high resolution gray scale or color document is needed, 1 bit Black and White should be sufficient for most documents.
Email Document as Part of Batch Auto Template
Auto File Mode supports automatically emailing a document after it is filed in PSIsafe. When the Email Enabled box is checked, one of three operations will be performed, depending on the contents of the ‘Email Send To’ field.
- Blank – the user will be prompted to enter an email address after the item is filed.
- Email address entered – Item will be sent to the entered email address automatically when the document is filed. Multiple email addresses are supported by inserting a semicolon “;” between each address (e.g. email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Folder index specified – When a folder index contains an email address, the folder index ID can be entered into Email Send To field (e.g. <Idx2>). Multiple email addresses are supported by inserting a semicolon “;” between each address in the folder index.
- Go to Batch> Options> Auto File> Add (or Edit)> Post File Actions
Batch - Templates
Template File Mode in Batch uses narrowly defined templates to greatly simplify and accelerate filing. In most cases, the user need only select the template, and the folder, then enter any required title segment information. Template images are also supported to provide a visual aid in identifying what template to select.
- Template requirements:
- Templates must meet certain criteria to be eligible for use as a Batch Template.
- Criteria are validated/checked per user/group.
- Only one tab must be defined in Restrict Appearance section.
- Only one manager (that handles PDF or TIF) must be set.
- Only one extension (PDF or TIF) must be set.
- If User/Group restriction is used, the specified user must be specified or be part of a group in Restricted Appearance section.
Users can modify the display by using the Grouping and Column Chooser features. Right click the column heading and select ‘Column Chooser’. Drag desired column to add/remove columns from the display. An image is displayed if the document’s template has one. Images are imported to the template by clicking the Image button and navigating to the desired jpg file. Images are automatically resized to the display height. In some cases it may be necessary to resize the image for proper display.
Testing Template Eligibility
Templates used for Document Sets and Batch Templates must meet specific criteria and can be analyzed using the Check Validity button in Management. Select the desired Template and desired circle (Batch or Document Set), and then click the Check Validity button. Templates used as a Batch Template are validated after selecting a User.
Templates used as a Document Set are validated after selecting a Cabinet.
If a Template is not valid, a list of criteria is displayed. If the Template is valid, a confirmation message is displayed.
Document Title Description– for Auto Template
Click on the ellipse box to select the segments below:
- Selected Barcode #1 Customer #
- Selected Barcode #2 Invoice #
- Selected Date – user may add selected date
- Copy the template segments and paste on the Settings for the template on the previous page in the template setup.
Load Documents from Multiple Folders in Batch
The load function allows the user to define multiple load templates and select which one to use when
loading documents into Batch.
Click the Load then select load template.
Go to Batch>Options> Load> Add (or Edit)
Select Add to create a new template, or Edit to modify an existing template.
- Enter Template name (Note: Load displays templates in the order they are added).
- Enter or Browse to the location where documents reside.
- Set how many documents will be loaded (default is 5)
- Enter file extensions.
- Single extension: .tif
- Multiple extensions: .tif; .tiff; .pdf; .jpg
- Select Multipage option – default: Always Prompt
- Select Load PDF action – default: Do NOT convert
- Press Create
Keywords: Batch Capture Templates, PSIsafe Batch Capture