PSIsafe – Custom Folder Index Export
Users can select indexes they wish to export, vs. exporting all indexes. This saves time and eliminates needing to delete unwanted columns in the exported file.
1. If you are exporting all folder indexes in the cabinet proceed to step 2. Otherwise, use folder search to create a list of folders you wish to export.
2. Go to Advanced at the bottom of the folder screen, enter the folders you wish to export.
3. Click on Tools> Folder Actions> Indexes> Export Folder Indexes
4. Select All, Listed, or Selection based on what indexes you will be exporting.
5. Use the pull down to select the desired file type, Csv or Xml.
6. Browse to the location you want the file to reside.
7. If you want to modify what indexes will be exported, select Set Columns. Otherwise select Export and all indexes will be exported.
8. After selecting Set Columns, by default all indexes will be listed in the Export column. Select the indexes you do not wish to export and use the Remove button to send the index(s) to the Do Not Export side of the panel.
9. Click Save. This will return to the Export Folder Indexes panel. Click Export.
PSIsafe – Folder Merge
Folder merge allows items in multiple folders to be merged into a single Primary folder. Once items are placed in the Primary folder the empty folder(s) will automatically be deleted.
1. Highlight folders you wish to merge, then right click on the folders and select Merge.
2. Select the Folder that items will be merged into and click Primary Folder.
3. Click on MERGE at the bottom of the screen.
4. When the merge is complete the Folder Merge as shown below will indicate the merge has been completed.
5. Merge is then grayed out and the 3 folders have become one.
Move Folder without delete rights. In prior versions of PSIsafe, a user was required to have Cabinet Move
and Delete rights to move a folder out of a cabinet. They also required Create rights at the destination
cabinet. This is now changed to provide greater flexibility and improved protection against mistakenly
deleting a folder because the user does not need to have delete rights. Users now require Move and View
Rights to move or copy a folder out of a cabinet. Users still need to have Create rights on the destination
cabinet. When a folder is moved, a copy is placed temporally in the Recycle Bin until the move is
successfully completed. Once completed, the folder is permanently removed from the Recycle Bin.
Folder view is retained after a folder is moved. Prior versions reset the view and displayed all folders starting at the top of the list.
Notes may be added with an alert on the folder screen. Click on New Note, when note is added check the alert button, flag will flash red; this will inform staff to check the note. Remove the flashing red flag by unchecking the alert box. Note indicates date and time and the user who added the note. The note may be deleted, printed, or emailed without regard to rights.
Index Snapshot as a Note
Folder indexes are routinely updated in the course of business. However, there are times when a snapshot of the current indexes can come in handy for future reference. Index snapshots can now be saved as a folder note. There are two ways to accomplish this. You can do it in bulk (at the cabinet level) via the Management or case-by-case basis (at a folder level) using the client.
Management setting location: Filing Structure>Cabinets>Advanced>Index Values Snapshot.
To add Indexes snapshot using the client, select the folder, right click on indexes and select “Add All Indexes Snapshot As Note”. The new note will automatically be titled as “Indexes Snapshot: <date>” and will contain index description and value.
Keywords: PSIsafe Folder Tools, Export PSIsafe Folder Contents, Folder Merge, Move Folder