The PSIcapture Routing Panel for Toshiba scanners provides operators with a quick and easy method for routing scanned documents directly to PSIcapture for processing. The operator presses a button on the panel that describes the type of document being scanned, and the document is routed to the appropriate location for Auto Import into PSIcapture.
The button names and their associated network file destinations are configurable.
Prerequisites for the Web / PSIcapture Server
- Windows (2008 / 7 / 8+) IIS web server (IIS v7.0 or better) with the .Net v4.5 Framework registered to IIS. See the screenshot below for information about which items to install.
- Microsoft .Net v4.0 and v4.5 framework.
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition v4.0 – this will be installed as a prerequisite if missing.
- A PSIGEN License Server (v4.6 or newer) with the Toshiba PSIcapture Routing Panel product key registered.
- A PSIcapture server or workstation (v4.6 or newer)
The web server hosts the panel application that communicates with the Toshiba scanner. This web server is either the local PSIcapture server with IIS enabled (preferred), or any local IIS web server within the company’s infrastructure.
There are two web applications to install: the panel itself, and the panel maintenance application.
By default, the installation stores all files in the PSIGEN application data area under “Capture.MFDPanels\Toshiba” (in Windows 7, “C:\ProgramData\PSIGEN\Capture.MFDPanels\Toshiba”). Underneath are four subdirectories: Configuration, Logs, MaintAppWebsite and PanelWebsite.
The Configuration subdirectory contains the configuration database, while the Logs directory contains application log information. These directories are only created during first-time installs.
The PanelWebsite and MaintAppWebsite directories contain the web applications. These web apps are added to IIS as PSICaptureRoutingPanelForToshiba and PSICaptureRoutingPanelMaintForToshiba, along with a dedicated application pool called PsiCaptureRoutingForToshibaAppPool.
The installation steps are as follows:
- Register the Toshiba PSIcapture Routing Panel product keys on the PSIcapture Licensing Server. Refer to the instructions included with your PSIcapture software.
- Install the maintenance web application. Run the installer executable PSICaptureRoutingPanel.ToshibaMaint.220.127.116.11.exe. If prompted, install any missing prerequisites. If a prerequisite fails to download due to firewall issues, download and install it manually from http://download.microsoft.com.
- On the Welcome screen, review and approve the license agreement.
- Press the Install button.
- Wait while the setup wizard runs. If prompted to skip creation of Application Pool “PsiCaptureRoutingForToshibaAppPool”, press the Yes button.
- Once the installation is complete, press the Finish button.
- Install the panel web application. Run the installer executable PSICaptureRoutingPanel.Toshiba.18.104.22.168.exe
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 above for the web panel application.
- Create a UNC share for both the Configuration and Logs subdirectories under the PSIGEN\Capture.MFDPanels\Toshiba directory (normally C:\ProgramData\PSIGEN\Capture.MFDPanels\ Toshiba).
Open the Web.config file under PSIGEN\Capture.MFDPanels\Toshiba\PanelWebsite using a text editor such as Notepad. Make the following changes to the values under <appsettings> :
ConfigurationDirectory The a UNC share that points to the PSIGEN\Capture.MFDPanels\Toshiba\Configuration directory DefaultTargetDirectory A UNC share that will serve as the default target for scans which are unable to be saved to their normal directory WebServerIP The IP address of the IIS server
In the <system.diagnostics> section, open the <sharedListeners> section and change the machine name in the UNC of the initializeData value to the Capture server
Open the Web.config file under PSIGEN\Capture.MFDPanels\Toshiba\MaintAppWebsite using a text editor such as Notepad. Make the following changes to the values under <appsettings>:
LogFileDirectory – set this to a UNC share that points to the PSIGEN\Capture.MFDPanels\Toshiba\Logs directory
ConfigurationDirectory – set this to a UNC share that points to the PSIGEN\Capture.MFDPanels\Toshiba\Configuration directory
The user account for the website must have full control over the C:\ProgramData\PSIGEN\Capture.MFDPanels\Toshiba directory as well as any scan destination defined during Configuration.
Open the maintenance application in Internet Explorer using the following URL, then follow the instructions in the Configuration section of this document:
http://<your IIS web server>/PSICaptureRoutingPanelMaintForToshiba
Once configuration is complete, use the IIS Manager to re-start the panel web application.
Configure each scanner to use the new panel. The panel’s website address is http://<your IIS web server IP address>/PSICaptureRoutingPanelForToshiba. See the Configuration section for more information.
Ensure that the scanner’s web service port (50083) and the PSIcapture License Server port (47233) are open on the firewall.