Add Monitored Location: Local or Network
Users can add one or more directory paths or UNC paths to monitor for each Capture Profile.
- NOTE: For multi-workstation configurations that employ network stations and monitor shared network locations, use a UNC path, i.e. \\PCname\Location as the Path.
- Additionally, it is recommended that UNC paths be used where possible. If more than one station is in "Stand Alone" mode, or if two different Capture Servers attempt to monitor the same directory, only one (the first) will be able to monitor that directory.
The filetypes to monitor can be specified.
- The image extensions displayed are the defaults.
- By clicking the "ellipse" button, users can add extensions not listed.
- Users can enter username and password credentials for folders that have limited access.
- NOTE: Credentials used for network resources will override impersonation settings on the Auto Import Service.
Add Monitored Location: SharePoint (WebDAV)
Enter the Sever/Path to be monitored.
- Example: http://mysharepoint.domain.com/library or http://domain.sharepoint.com/sites/testsite
- NOTE: Dragging files into a WebDAV folder will NOT make the files available to Auto Import. These files must be published.
- The image extensions displayed are the default settings, but by clicking the button with an ellipse, users can add extensions not listed.
- Remove extensions of unmonitored filetypes.
- Users can then enter the valid credentials for logging in to SharePoint.
- NOTE: If the user must have access to multiple locations, or permissions are restricted, you may need to set the user to a Site Collection Administrator.
Add Monitored Location: RightFax
Server Address ￼
Enter the address of the RightFax server and use the connect button test the connection.
The Queue Path is a storage location where images are moved out of RightFax before being processed by PSIcapture.
Select between Windows Authentication or manual entry of a user name and password.
Users / Folders
Allows the user to select which RightFax users and folders to monitor for incoming faxes.
Select between Incoming, Outgoing, or Both as well as which flag to set on processed files. Optionally, users can decide whether or not to ignore processed flags when importing.
Add Monitored Location: Email
Add a Monitored Email Inbox
Under Connections Settings section, Fill in your email server’s IMAP URL.
- This is often mail.domain.com, e.g. mail.office365.com
- If you do not have this information, please contact your IT administrator.
IMAP Port ￼
Fill in your email server’s IMAP port number.
- For standard IMAP email, use port 143.
- For secure IMAP email, use port 993 and select the check box labeled “This server requires SSL”
- If your email server uses a custom port, please enter this value instead.
- Enter the credentials (username and password) of the email mailbox to be monitored.
- Alternately, if you would like to use the Windows credentials of your workstation to authenticate with, select the checkbox labeled “Use Integrated Windows Authentication”.
- Click the Connect button. If successful, you will receive a success notification.
From here, you can add Monitored Folders, edit the File extensions to monitor, and adjust the Processing type and Queue path accordingly.
For more information on configuring these areas, see the link below:
Additional Auto Import Settings
Selecting this option will allow the system to monitor all subdirectories which fall under the monitored directories.
PSIcapture will only import the content of subdirectories/child folder and ignore all other files in the monitored directory.
Create a Batch for Each Immediate Subdirectory
A new batch will be created for each subdirectory regardless of file or page count.
Use Directory Name as Batch Name
This option creates a batch named exactly as the folder name.
Parent Directory Levels to Include in Batch name
This option allows users to determine which parent directory names to add to the batch name based on hierarchy (levels).
Delete Empty Subdirectories After Processing
As described this option deletes any subdirectories after the Auto Import process has completed.
On this page:
- Add Monitored Location: Local or Network
- Add Monitored Location: SharePoint (WebDAV)
- Add Monitored Location: RightFax
- Add Monitored Location: Email
- Add a Monitored Email Inbox
- Click Here for a full walkthrough of Email Connector
- Additional Auto Import Settings