One of the primary features of PSIsafe Books (Books) is to quickly enter payments into QuickBooks and file the document (check, payment details) into PSIsafe. This can be done easily and effectively with the payment entry screen. Multiple payments may be scanned or opened at one time and entered in a batch style mode. As each payment is entered and added, the image will move to the next payment in the list. The steps below (Figure 7) detail how to enter a payment using Books:
- Select the company setup for which you would like to enter payments. If there is only one company setup available Books will default to it.
- Either open a document from a previously scanned image or scan directly into Books with your TWAIN compliant scanner.
- Select the Payment entry mode by clicking the icon or selecting payment entry from the Books Entry menu.
- Select the appropriate QuickBooks data for the image displayed in the Payment Details panel.
- Click the Add Payment and File button to enter the data in QuickBooks and file the image in PSIsafe.
Other Things to Know About the Payment Entry Panel
Standard Payment Entry with Books is straightforward for anyone who has entered data in QuickBooks. The data is the same data as it is all pulled from the QuickBooks files. There are a few extra fields which are not in QuickBooks. These fields allow you to do things in PSIsafe with the document once it is filed. All of these options are located on the Payment Entry panel displayed on the right of the Enter Payment Detail panel (Figure 7, above).
The Pay Multiple Invoices button, located just above the list of invoices, is used to select multiple invoice if the payment applies to more than one invoice. This option will display a screen allowing the user to pick the invoices being paid, and the amount of the payment to apply to each invoice. This option is only active if there are multiple outstanding invoices for the customer.
The Use Multiple Credits button, located just above the list of credits, is used to select credits invoice if the payment applies to more than one credit. This option will display a screen allowing the user to pick the credits being used, and the amount of the credit to apply to each invoice. This option is only active if there are multiple outstanding credits for the customer.
Keywords: PSIsafe Books Guide, PSIsafe Books End User Guide, How to Use PSIsafe Books