Books allows you to quickly enter purchase orders into QuickBooks from the PO Detail panel and file purchase orders into PSIsafe. Multiple transactions may be scanned or opened at one time and entered in a batch style mode. As each transaction is entered and added, the image will move to the next transaction in the list. The steps below (Figure 10) detail how to enter a purchase order using Books:
- Select the company setup for which you would like to enter purchase order. If there is only one company setup available Books will default to it.
- Either open a document from a previously scanned image or scan directly into Books with your TWAIN compliant scanner.
- Select the Purchase Order entry mode by clicking the icon or selecting Purchase Order entry from the QuickBooks Entry menu.
- Select the appropriate QuickBooks data for the image displayed in the PO Details panel.
- Enter Line Items for the purchase order using the PO Items button.
- Click the Add Purchase Order button to enter the data in QuickBooks and file the image in PSIsafe.
Adding Line Items to a Purchase Order Entry
QuickBooks allows for the entry of individual line items when a purchase order is entered. Books supports this function via the Items or Expenses button in the Purchase Order Entry Panel (Figure 10, above). Selecting the Expenses item displays Enter Purchase Order Items screen (Figure 11, below). All the appropriate data is retrieved from QuickBooks. The user simply selects the correct Account/Amount and any other optional fields (Customer/Description/Class) and clicks the Add button. Continue doing this until all of the Expense items are added. After the expense items have been completed, click the Done button to return to the Purchase Order Entry panel in Books. Deleting a line item is simple. Highlight the entire row by clicking on the button to the left of the ID field in the grid. Then select the Delete button on the right side of the screen.
Keywords: PSIsafe Books Guide, PSIsafe Books End User Guide, How to Use PSIsafe Books