Cabinet SHARE Client
Status column has been retitled from “Status” to “Accessed” and will display the actual accessed date and time.
Cabinet SHARE Portal
Accessed On column added to display actual accessed date and time.
Document sets enable creating a predefined set of documents in a single process. A Document Set links
multiple document templates to a specified cabinet. Documents defined in a Document Set can be
automatically created when a folder is created, or by opening the desired folder and selecting the New
pull down and clicking Document Set.
A list of Document Sets will appear. One column lists the Document Set name and the other column
indicates if the set documents are created automatically when a folder is created. If large quantities of
Document Sets are used, there is a search field to enter text that is contained in the name.
Because documents created as part of a Document Set require no user input, they must be defined to
meet specific criteria.
The following is required for a template to be eligible for use in a Document Set:
1. Only one tab for this cabinet must be defined in Restrict Appearance section.
2. Only one manager must be set.
3. Only one extension must be set.
4. Defined extension must have a valid document file associated with it.
5. Segments must not have “Is Required” attribute set.
6. Extension must not be XFM for fillable forms, only PDF is supported.
7. Extension must not be DOC for Word Merge, only DOCX is supported.
8. Post Template action (Workflow and Export) must be fully defined.
Creating Document Sets
After a cabinet is created, a Document Set can be created for the cabinet by clicking the Document Sets
A Document Sets list will appear showing existing sets. Select the desired action (Add, Edit, Delete, or
When adding a new set a ‘Name’ must be entered for the Document Set. If the Auto Create box is selected,
the document will be created automatically when a new folder is added.
When adding templates to the list, only valid templates will appear in the selection list. Use the Ctrl and
shift key to select all Templates that will be used in the set.
Workflow is allowed for documents with retention. Any document with retention set to it:
- Cannot be edited or deleted.
- Can be deleted after the retention expiry date.
- Cannot have its description or security rights modified.
If a document with retention is:
- “Suspended” the document will behave like an “Indefinite” class retention until unsuspended.
“Locked” even if the retention has expired the document cannot be deleted until the document is unlocked.
Copy and Move of Folder with documents under retention and just documents under retention are allowed.
- The user with edit rights to a document with an editable retention class can change the retention class for that document.
- Non Editable:
- When a non-editable retention class is set to a document, the document’s retention class cannot be changed by user.
- Editable retention class.
- This can be made non-editable in the Management console.
- Non-Editable retention class.
- This can be made editable in the Management console.
- Editable retention class.
- This retention class does not have an expiry date.
- When an Indefinite Retention class is set to a document, the document’s retention class can only be changed to a “Permanent” retention class PSIsafe Client drop down of retention classes will only show retention classes that are Permanent.
Once defined as indefinite, type cannot be changed.
Example: Say you need a retention set on the document but the date will be known only in the future. Consider Human Resources Cabinet: Let’s say certain employee documents need to have a retention set and the expiry date has to be three years from the day the employee leaves the company. We cannot use a fixed retention in this case. So here we can use indefinite which then can then be changed to Permanent.
- Non-Editable retention class.
- This retention class does have an expiry date.
- When a permanent retention class is set to a document, the document’s retention class can only be changed to a “Permanent” retention class by a user with edit rights to the document.
- Once defined as permanent, type cannot be changed.
Retention Expiry date calculation:
- Based on last modified date (Default).
- Based on Current date (The day the retention was set).
Imageman is the utility within PSIsafe that simplifies the navigation and manipulation of documents. The default Toolbar is populated with all annotation buttons displayed.
To customize what annotation buttons are displayed click: Tools> Options
Deselect any unwanted buttons in the Annotation Button Visibility section to remove them from being displayed in the main Imageman interface. Buttons can be re-added at any time by following the same procedure and selecting the button to be added. After selection click on SAVE.
Imageman-Print Auto Page Rotation
Imageman can auto rotate landscape pages when printed with portrait settings and vice versa. Auto rotation can be configured to be performed for the current print job only, or for all print jobs.
Auto Rotate for all print jobs is configured by clicking Tools> Options and then selecting the Auto Rotate checkbox.
Auto Rotate for current job only is performed by selecting File> Print and then selecting Auto Rotate in the Custom Print Settings dialog panel.
When multiple monitors are in use, Imageman can be dragged to a different monitor and its location is retained by the system. The next time Imageman is opened, it will open on the last monitor it was displayed. Imageman also allows users to select multiple Pages within a document by holding the Ctrl key down and clicking on each additional page. Selected pages can be rotated, printed, emailed, or deleted as one action.
Imageman - Hot Keys
Hot Keys are shortcuts that trigger a function when combinations of keys are selected on the keyboard. Note: Operation will perform based on having the thumbnail or image in focus (clicking on an image of thumbnail). Requires Imageman version 22.214.171.1240 or higher for the control + keys to work.
|Page Up- Quickly scrolls up the current page.||Page Down- Quickly scrolls down the current page.|
|Up Arrow- Slowly scrolls position on the current page up.||Down Arrow- Slowly scrolls position on the current page down.|
|Right Arrow- Slowly scrolls position on the current page right.||Left Arrow- Slowly scrolls position on the current page left.|
|CTRL + Page Up- Navigates to the top of the previous page.||CTRL + Page Down- Navigates to the top of the next page|
|Home- Navigates to the top of the current page.||End - Navigates to the bottom of the current page.|
|CTRL + Home- Navigates to the top of the first page.||CTRL + End- Navigates to the top of the last page.|
|CTRL + Up- Arrow Quickly scrolls up the current page.||CTRL + Down- Arrow Quickly scrolls down the current page|
|CTRL + Right Arrow- Quickly scrolls position on the current page right.||CTRL + Left Arrow- Quickly scrolls position on the current page left.|
|+ (on numeric keypad) Zooms in.||- (on numeric keypad) Zooms out|
Keywords: PSIsafe SHARE, Share PSIsafe Document