Maintenance Web Pages
Use the PSIcapture Routing Maintenance web pages to configure the destination buttons, to specify the PSIcapture license server, to maintain the list of licensed devices, and to maintain users and security roles.
Access the maintenance pages through Internet Explorer:
http://<your IIS web server>/PSICaptureRoutingPanelMaintForCanon
For first-time installs, the default user is “admin”, password “admin”. After logging on, open the Users screen and change the password for the admin user ID.
Only users with the ADMIN security role assigned can log into the maintenance application.
Enter an administrator User ID and Password, and press OK. When complete, press the Logout button on the top right-hand side of the menu bar.
Scan Destinations (main screen)
- Use the Scan Destination screen to maintain the list of buttons displayed on the panel.
- Press Add to add a new destination.
- Press Edit to modify the selected destination’s settings.
- Press Delete to delete a destination. The application will prompt for confirmation.
Screen Destinations (details screen)
This screen displays the details of a destination when adding, editing or deleting a destination.
|Example of the Details screen when editing an FTP destination||Details screen when adding a new destination|
- Button text – The text displayed on the panel button.
- Destination folder – The location where scanned documents are stored.
- Default file name – The default file name used for each scanned document; a date/time stamp will be added to the end of each file name.
- Roles – Select a security role from the Available list to Add to the destination button, or select a role from the Assigned list to Remove it from the destination button. The assigned roles determine which users will see the destination button on the ScanFront 330 panel.
- Transfer method – Select either POST or FTP.
- Credentials – This box is only displayed for the FTP transfer method. Enter the FTP server name and the login credentials.
- OK – Adds the new destination, saves the updated destination, or deletes the displayed destination.
- Cancel – Abandons the operation and returns to the Scan Destinations main screen.
There are two available transfer methods: POST and FTP.
FTP transfers require an FTP server name and valid FTP credentials.
POST destination folders must be specified as UNC path names and must be fully accessible. For example, if the plan is to use C:\Scans on machine SCANSERVER1 as a destination, the user must create a share for the directory and enter the UNC path (ex. \\SCANSERVER1\Scans) as the Destination folder. If C:\Scans is entered, the scanner will be unable to locate the directory and the scan jobs will fail.
Scan Devices (main screen)
Use this screen to maintain the list of devices that can access the panel.
Press the Add button to add new devices. This is optional, as devices will register themselves automatically the first time the panel is used.
Select a device and press the Delete key to remove the device from the list. The application will prompt for confirmation.
NOTE: The PSIcapture Routing Panel is licensed per scanning device. If the user purchased a license for five devices, then only configure five devices to use it. The first time a device uses the panel its identification information is automatically stored in the configuration database. Use the screen above to remove unwanted devices from the list as they are replaced or re-purposed.
Use the screen’s Add function to pre-load the devices where the panel has been deployed. However, if more devices are registered than the license allows, the panel will not function on any device. The number of devices must be less than or equal to the license limit.
Scan Devices (details screen)
When adding a new device, specify the device’s IP address and MAC address. Press OK to save the device.
When deleting a device, the screen displays the device information. Press OK to delete the device.
Press Cancel to abort the operation and return to the main screen.
License Server maintenance
Use this screen to specify the name of the license server. Enter the license server name or IP address and press the OK button. After changing the license server value, use the Windows IIS Manager to stop and restart the panel web application.
Users (main screen)
Use this screen to maintain the list of users that can access the panel.
Press the Add button to add a new user. Select a user and press Edit to edit the selected user, or press Delete to delete the selected user. When deleting, the application will prompt for confirmation.
NOTE: The user “admin” is system-generated and may not be deleted. Once installed, the administrator will use this ID to access the maintenance app for the first time. For security reasons, the password for this ID should be changed immediately before any other configuration changes take place.
Users (details screen)
This screen displays user details when adding or editing a user.
User Details screen when adding a new user
- User ID – The user login ID. This field is only editable when adding a new user.
- Password – Use this text field to enter a new password for the user.
- Reset – When editing a user, press this button to display the Password text field in order to change an existing user’s password.
- Force Password Change – Checking this box will force the user to change their password during their next login attempt. Use this option to reset a password for a user who has forgotten or lost their password.
- Disable Account – Check this option to prevent a user from accessing the panel.
- Available Roles – This box lists the security roles that have not been assigned to the user.
- Assigned Roles – This box lists the security roles already assigned to the user.
- Add – Pressing this button assigns the selected Available Role to the user.
- Remove – Pressing this button removes the selected Assigned Role from the user.
- OK – Pressing this button saves all changes and returns to the Users main screen.
- Cancel – Pressing this button abandons all changes that have been made and returns to the Users main screen.
User Details screen when editing an existing user
Roles (main screen)
Use this screen to maintain the list of security roles for the panel. These roles are then assigned to both users and destination buttons to determine which buttons a user can access.
Press the Add button to add a new role, or press Delete to delete the selected role. When deleting, the application will prompt for confirmation.
NOTE: The “ADMIN” role is system-generated and may not be deleted.
Roles (add roles screen)
The following screen is displayed when the administrator presses the Add button. Add one or more roles in the memo field. If adding multiple roles, separate them with a colon (ex.: role1; role2; role3). Any leading and trailing spaces will be removed from each role.
Role names are not case sensitive, and are stored in uppercase. Therefore, the role “legalrole” and “LegalRole” are the same, and will be stored and displayed as “LEGALROLE”.
NOTE: Roles that are still in use cannot be deleted. The application will prevent the deletion and inform the administrator where the role is still used.
Add the PSIcapture Routing Panel to a Canon ScanFront 330
Instructions for switching the Canon ScanFront 330 from standard mode to the web application mode are contained in the User’s Guide that comes with the scanner. The following steps summarize the process:
- Make sure the device is connected to the user's internal network.
- Click the Administrator setting button on the bottom left-hand side of the Login screen. Enter the administrator password.
- Display the second page of Administrator settings by pressing the down-arrow button at the bottom of the screen.
- Press the button labeled Change to the web application mode. When prompted to confirm, press the Yes button.
Next, configure the device to access the panel web site. Once switched to web application mode, the device will be unable to contact the web server and will enter administrator mode. Once logged in as the administrator, follow these steps:
- Press the Network test button, and enter the name or IP address of the web server. Press Execute. If the scanner is able to ping the web server, proceed to the next step; if not, contact your network administrator for assistance.
- Press the Network Settings button.
- Enter the URL for the PSIcapture Routing Panel web site, which by default is:
http://<your IIS web server>/PSICaptureRoutingPanelForCanon
- Enter a Device name for the scanner
- Press OK, and then Close. The scanner will reboot and display the panel web site.
To reset the Canon ScanFront 330 scanner back to standard mode one the panel has been installed:
- Power off the scanner
- Unplug its network cable
- Power the device back on.
The scanner will throw an error because it is unable to obtain an IP address, and will give the option to return to standard mode.
On this page:
- Maintenance Web Pages
- Add the PSIcapture Routing Panel to a Canon ScanFront 330