The Image Processing Profiles dialog box has various profiles listed. A new profile can be added, or an existing profile edited. NOTE: All settings should be defined previously by the system administrator. However, some scan operators may wish to make adjustments to the settings to suit the needs of a particular batch or page.
When Edit is selected, the Image Processing Profile dialog box is displayed. Various image processing commands can be added, removed, or reconfigured.
The user may select any of the appropriate image processing functions by adding them to the right side. It is highly recommended that the Use default ordering be checked.
The following image enhancement processes are available:
Advanced Border Removal
Automatically removes black/white borders from an image using a sophisticated object detection algorithm.
Attempts to correctly orient images that are rotated when captured.
Converts a grayscale or color image to black and white using the selected Binarize method.
Removes solid borders from images. NOTE: Do not use if using Advance Border Removal.
Modifies the brightness of a grayscale or color image.
Enables the user to discard specific color(s) from color images. This is useful when scanning scantron forms or any other form printed in a color other than black.
Adjusts the contrast by:
- Automatically using the built in algorithm
- Manually using the slide bar provided to adjust the contrast intensity.
Allows an image to be either automatically or manually cropped.
- Auto Crop - Crops an image by removing solid color borders around the edge of an image.
- Manual Crop - Allows users to set a region on an image to be cropped.
- White Margin Crop - Crops an image by removing solid color borders around the edge of an image.
Reduces small black regions within the image.
Automatically deskews an image.
This command cleans the image of small spots by using either:
- Standard (1 x 1 pixel)
- Aggressive (3 x 3 pixel)
- Custom Filter - Allows the user to manually adjust the filter size.
Flips an image either horizontally or vertically.
Hole Punch Removal
This command is used when scanning to a black background and the desired result is to have the hole punches be white or filled in.
This command is used to remove lines on an image. Users can choose from three options:
- Remove Lines
- Reconstruct Lines
- Reconstruct Forms
Processes incoming images with one of the following filters:
- Dilation: Used to smooth small dark regions tending to enhance black features in the image. (Darken)
- Erosion: Used to smooth small light regions tending to reduce black features in the image. (Lighten)
- Open: The dilation of the erosion of the image used to reduce small black regions within the image. (Deshade)
- Close: The erosion of the dilation of the image used to reduce small white regions within the image. (Light Thicken)
- Boundary Extraction (B/W only): Perform a boundary detection/extraction on a binary image. This will generate an outline of the foreground features of the input image.
- Thinning (B/W only): Reduces the geometric size of an image, leaving only a skeletonized frame in its place.
- Top Hat (Grayscale Only): Enhances low-contrast, high frequency details within an image.
- Gradient (Grayscale Only): Highlights sharp gray-level transitions (edges) in an image.
This command resizes an image to a set of user defined dimensions.
Automatically rotates an image clockwise by 90-degree increments or by a number of degrees specified by the user.
Applies the selected smoothing option(s) to the image.