Migration Settings Tab
Database Output Options
Choose one of the following providers:
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft SQL Server
- IBM DB2
- ODBC Compliant
Database Connection Setup: Settings Tab
For Microsoft Access the user will need to do the following:
- Click “Select” to open Database Connection Setup dialogue box.
- Enter the path to the Access Database or select Browse to locate it.
- Enter the UserID and Password if applicable.
Database Connection Setup: Advanced Tab
The advanced tab shows the current connection string and allows you to add custom commands.
For Microsoft SQL Server the user will need to do the following:
- Enter the name of the SQL Server or select the drop down box (WARNING: this will query the whole domain for all SQL servers) to locate it.
- Select the Use Trusted Connection or enter the UserID and Password for the selected SQL server.
- From the drop down Select Database to use.
For Oracle the user will need to do the following:
- Enter the name of the Oracle Server.
- Enter the Schema / Owner (optional)
- Select the Use Trusted Connection or enter the UserID and Password for the selected Oracle server.
All tables and views that exist for the selected database will be shown in the drop down list.
Output in Scan HQ Format
Select Output in Scan HQ Format to create extra fields and tables used in legacy products that require this format.
You can select to "Use Search Fields on Field Settings to update existing records if they exist" as well as limit the number of records you would like to update in the "Record Update Limit" field.
Populating Database Fields
You may select "Populate database fields with NULL instead of an empty string when Text/Memo fields are empty" to eliminate empty fields in your database.
Image File Options
Migrate Image Files
Select Migrate Image Files to output the image files (i.e. Tiff, GIF, JPEG, etc.).
Select the Image Source:
- Main Image – Image you see within the capture viewer
- Original Image – Only available if option on step 2 of 9 is selected (this image is not modified by Image Processing)
- Alternate Images – Alternate images can be created at various times during the workflow (IE Image Processing: Crop)
Select Storage Location by choosing a pre-defined location or configuring a new one. If PSIcapture sees a field with the corresponding Data Type in the database table they are connecting to, we will add that database field to the Storage Location drop down as an option on where to migrate the files to. Some examples are:
Microsoft SQL Server
- Ole Object
Image Output Type
Select from one of the following:
- Multi-Page Tiff Image
- Single Page Tiff Images
- Single Page JPEG Images
- Single Page JPEG 2000 Images
- Single Page BMP Images
- Single Page GIF Images
- Single Page PNG Images
- Multi-Page PDF (Image Only)
- Single Page PDFs (Image Only)
The default is 75 and is a good blend between quality and size. Raising the number will increase size and may increase the quality of the file. This setting affects Color, Grayscale and JPEG files only.
Tags to Output
When Alternate Images are selected as the Image Source, user can specify the image tag here. Only alternate images with the matching tag will be outputted. NOTE: Separate multiple tags using commas.
Alt. Page Behavior
Select Alt. Page Behavior: One Document with all tags, or One Document with each tag.
OCR and Non-Image File Options
Migrate OCR or Non-Image Files
This is for files created in the OCR module.
Select Storage Location by choosing a pre-defined location or configuring a new one.
Files to Migrate
Select from the following:
- All OCR Files for Document
- Single OCR File by Workflow position
- OCR Files by file tags
- Non-Image source file
OCR File Tags to Output
When OCR Files by file tags is selected, only files with matching image tags will be outputted. NOTE: Separate multiple tags using commas.
Shared File Options
File Directory Structure
Select the desired directory structure from the following options:
- All Files in Storage Location
- All Files in Storage Location\Batch Folder
- Output File in Storage Location; Document files in Storage Location\Batch Folder
- Output File in Storage Location; Document files in Storage Location\Batch Folder\Capture Folder
Duplicate Image/OCR File Behavior
When the program detects that it is about to create a duplicate Image/OCR file the user can select from the following behavior options:
- Increment duplicate names (e.g.: 000001.tif, 000001_1.tif, 000001_2.tif)
- Overwrite existing file
- Use existing file
- Stop Migrating
Document Path Output
Select from the following:
- Absolute Path (C:\MigrationOutput\POs\990001.tif)
- Relative Path (\POs\990001.tif, assuming that the output text file is in C:\MigrationOutput)
Single Page Output Options
Single page output options are only used if single page output is selected in image file options.
Select from the following:
- In Document Name subfolder within Document output location
- In Document output location
Select format by which the files are named.
The user may wish to execute another windows application as a part of this migration. In order to accomplish this, the user must configure the following:
Application to Launch
Select the windows executable to launch.
Supply any command line arguments, if any. These are supplied by the executable’ developer.
The user can choose between the following timing options to launch the executable:
- Launch application after each Batch is migrated
- Launch application after all selected Batches are migrated.
On this page:
- Database Output Options
- Image File Options
- OCR and Non-Image File Options
- Shared File Options
- Single Page Output Options
- Other Options
- Common Tabs