The options available on the General tab of Quality Assurance settings are outlined below.
The settings for viewing the Quality Assurance results are located here.
Default Batch View – Users can view a batch in two ways as described below. NOTE: The screen layout is configurable by the user and is saved separately for each view. This allows the user to have different screen layouts (if they wish) when entering the QA module in Data view versus Tree view
Tree View – This displays the batch information the same way as in the Capture module after Capture.
Data View – This displays the batch information via indexing results.
- Tree View – This displays the batch information the same way as in the Capture module after Capture.
Default Data View – Users can display the index results in Data view in one of three ways.
Folder and Document Records – Displays the folder the batch is in along with the specific indexed data for each page.
Folder Records Only – Displays batch folder(s) only.
Document Records Only – Displays page indexed data only.
- Folder and Document Records – Displays the folder the batch is in along with the specific indexed data for each page.
Default Image View – Users can display the images captures in one of three ways.
Page View – Selecting this option shows only the full Page Image Viewer.
Thumbnail View – Selecting this option shows only the Thumbnail Image Viewer. There are four size options available in the “Thumbnail Image Size” dropdown.
Both – Selecting this option shows both Thumbnail and full Page Image Viewers.
Show File Size in Thumbnail View –
Data View Display Options
Data View Font Size – Choose from one of the following font sizes for Data View display.
Use Monospace Font in Data View - Allows Data View to be displayed in a monospace font making it easier to QA fields that are required to be a specific number of characters.
Data Record Display
Display All Records – Default display
Display First Record Only – Displaying the first record only makes QA easier in the case that every record does not need to be checked.
Enable Word Wrap for Cells in Data View – Word wrapping allows the user to see all the information in a given cell without having to scroll right or resize the window.Default Data View.
Highlight field belonging to the current Document record's Record Type (including shared fields) in Data View (available in versions 6.2 and higher)
In order for the field highlighting to occur, Record Type support must be enabled on the Capture Profile. Fields will be highlighted that are either Shared or have been selected to be part of that Document's Record Type. The highlighted fields will be the same fields that show up in the Index/Capture module index field list for a selected Record Type.
Field highlighting will also be adjusted in real time if the user changes the Record Type on a row in the grid. Highlighting will not be updated until the user commits the data change through by either pressing enter or clicking another cell on the grid.
- Display index field alerts in Data View - Allows the user to display alerts in the index field row.
Auto View Options
These settings let users control what image viewer displays when enabling the lightning bolt in the QA Module.
Auto View Type - Users can choose from one of seven auto view types explained below.
- Every N Pages – Setting these values allow the user to automate or semi-automate the viewing of images for quality purposes, when N is a numeric value. The default is set at 1, so every page is viewed.
- Front Pages Only – Displays only the front pages of a document.
- Back Pages Only – Displays only the back pages of a document.
- All Flagged Pages – Displays all the pages tagged with any flag.
Pages with Specific Flag – Displays only the pages tagged with a specific tag. Choose from:
- Delete Flag
- Review Flag
- Reject Flag
- Process Flag
- Skip Flag
- Custom Flag 1
- Custom Flag 2
- Custom Flag 3
- Custom Flag 4
- Custom Flag 5
- Separator Pages Only – Displays only the folder and document separator pages.
- Specific Page – Displays a specific page or pages of a document.
- Update Interval – The interval can be adjusted in 0.1 second increments. The desired setting may differ between users and is configurable in the QA module itself. The recommended setting is 0.4 seconds.
- Page Interval – Enter the specific page to auto view, for example every 2 pages or 3 pages.
- Skip Folder Separators – This skips folder separators all together.
- Skip Document Separators – This skips document separators all together.
Manual Cropping Options
Document Node Display Field - The display value of the document tree nodes maybe set to the following values:
- <default> (Document 00000001 for the first document in a batch)
- One of the Document Index values
Folder Node Display Field - The display value of the folder tree nodes maybe set to the following values:
- <default> (Folder yyyymmdd.hhmmss)
The options available on the Editing tab of Quality Assurance settings are outlined below.
- Auto Name Manually Separated Folders Using Current Date and Time – Selecting this option will cause the name of a manually separated folder to be the default date and time format (yyyymmdd.hhmmss). If the user does not select this option they must manually name the folder.
- Auto Save Pages after Manually Rotating – With this enabled when rotating the pages in QA they will automatically be saved instead of the user having to manually click the save page button.
- Disable Prompt when Deleting Folders, Documents, and Pages – Selecting this option enables users to avoid getting the prompt every time a folder, document, or page is deleted.
- Warn User when Closing Batches that Contains Items Flagged for Deletion or Rejection – Selecting this option will cause a dialog box to appear when a user attempts to close a batch containing items flagged for Deletion or Rejection.
Manual Cropping Options
Default Crop Behavior – Choose how PSIcapture should handle the cropped page/document.
- Replace Current Page
- Insert a Page Before Current Page
- Insert as Page After Current Page
- Insert as Page at end of Current Document
- Insert as Document Before Current Document
- Insert Document after Current Document
- Insert as Document at end of Current Folder
- Show Crop Preview Dialog – Selecting this option will cause the Crop Preview Dialog to be displayed.
- Select New Page/Document After Cropping – Selecting this option moves to the next page/document after crop is complete.
Delete Blank Pages (requires Blank Page Detection to be turned on) – Selecting this option in conjunction with the Blank Page Detection in the Capture Profile - Recognition section of this manual will delete images that are blank according to the options selected in the detection section
- Store Deleted Blank Pages – Blank pages will be stored in the Deleted Blanks directory within the Batch directory. NOTE: WARNING!!! Choosing this option will cause blank pages to be counted as a captured image for those users who have a limited count license.
- When Importing, Mark Even Numbered Pages as the Back Page – Useful when scanning paper documents in duplex mode. NOTE: It is advised that care be taken during scan time to keep the page numbers in sync with the actual paper.
Scale Images that Exceed the Specified Maximum Image Size in Either Dimension – Images that exceed the specified value in inches will be scaled down.
- Maximum Image Size (Inches) – Set the maximum size for the images. If the image exceeds this size it will be scaled as noted in the setting above.
The options available on the Indexing tab of Quality Assurance settings are outlined below.
Allow Index Data to be Edited
- Indexing Mode on when Opening Batches
Display Zones for Index Fields Using Zones/Line Item Extraction
- Zoom to Zone for Index Fields Using Zones/Line Item Extraction
- Display Index Value Tooltip above Zone
- Zoom to Entire Parent Zone for Multi-Record and Line Item Extraction Zones
Smart Zone Zooming
- Smart Zone and Child Zones
- Smart Zone Anchors and Child Zones
- Smart Zone Only
- Run Validation Scripts when Modifying Field Values
- Process Custom Index Fields when Editing Data
Run Data Validation when Closing Batches in Quality Assurance
- Validation Should Fail if Lookups have Failed
- Do not Allow Batch to be Closed when there are Modified Lookup Key Values
For a full description of what options are available for Auto Processing see our article by clicking here.
Data View Settings
The options available on the QA Data View tab of Quality Assurance settings are outlined below.
- Override Default Data View Settings
- Document or Folder Index Fields - Provides settings for each individual field (column) within the Quality Assurance data view grid. Users can specify the Column Width, whether to display the field and whether the index field will be a pinned column in QA view.
|Document Index Fields||Folder Index Fields|
On this page: