The following data sources are supported for manually import into the Capture/Import Module. These are in addition to the default sources. For example setting up a monitored folder (Auto Import) or browsing through the local file browser.
Select Batch Import Data Source
- XML Batch import - Imports batch data from any XML document.
- Prosar-AIDA Batch Import - Imports batch data from Paradatec Prosar-AIDA.
- Native Batch Import - Imports batch data from the applications native batch format. NOTE: This format DOES NOT support the Auto Import feature in PSIcapture.
- FormStorm Batch Import - Imports batch data from FormStorm.
- DocSTAR Batch Import - Imports batch data from DocSTAR.
- OPEX Batch Import - Imports batch data from OPEX.
- PSIfusion Batch Import - Imports batch data from PSIfusion. Please see the specific notes about directories and the setup by clicking here.
General & Field Mapping Settings
The following options are common across all the data sources available in Batch Import except DocSTAR.
- Import Location – The storage location specifies the directory the import file will be written to when outputting from other systems. It is recommended that a different storage location be used for each Capture Profile.
Specify an Import/Storage Location by selecting one from the drop down list or by clicking on New. NOTE: Storage Locations can also be defined in the Storage tab on the main Configuration dialog as covered in Configuration - Storage.
- Source Field – Enter the name of the source field that will populate the index field value for this Capture Profile.
Specific Settings for Each Data Source
Some data sources have options specific to the source. These are outlined below.
XML Batch Import – Transform
- XSL Transform - Select Clear or Load to process an XSL Transform file. XSL is used to transform XML documents into other formats.
- FormStorm Installation Directory – Enter the directory information by clicking on the ellipse button “…” and selecting from the Browse For Folder window.
FormStorm Server Name – Enter the name of the server where FormStorm is located.
- FormStorm System – Choose the system where the files are that will be imported.
- Map Fields – Here the user can map the fields to the index data fields, setup for the current Capture Profile.
DocSTAR Batch Import
- SQL Server – Select the connection information for the desired SQL Server.
- Use Trusted Connection - Checking this box eliminates the need to enter credential information (i.e. User ID and password) within a secure network or intranet.
- Credentials – User credentials can be enter here if on an insecure network.
- User ID
- Database – Select the database to connect to for import.
- DocSTAR Template – Choose a template from the available options.
- Import Mode – Choose which import mode to use for capture.
- Skip Documents with No Files – In the case no files are available for import, this option allows the user to skip over them and continue.
PSIfusion Batch Import
The import path should typically be noted at the Fusion Completed Storage path, as displayed on the Organization tab in the Administrative module. The import path selected will directly affect the size and contents of batches imported into Capture.
If the import path selected is the root of the Fusion Completed storage folder, batches will consist of completed documents from any Fusion document type at the time the import is run.
If the import path selected is a Fusion Document Type output folder, batches will consist of completed documents from the selected Fusion document type with a new batch created for each User's documents.
If the import path selected is a Fusion User's output folder, batches will consist of completed documents from the selected Fusion User with a new batch created for each document the User indexes.
On this page:
Please sign in to leave a comment.