The indexing settings for importing file contents allow users to map the contents of either a specific type of imported file or any supported type imported file to index fields. During capture, if the settings are enabled, the file contents will be read and stored in the mapped index fields. NOTE: Only memo field can be populated with imported file contents.
File formats currently accepted and displayed in the "Populate with" dropdown include:
- Contents of any supported file type
- Contents of Microsoft Word Documents (.docx) only
- Contents of Microsoft Excel Files (.xlsx) only
- Contents of Microsoft Powerpoint Presentations (.pptx) only
- Contents of PDF File (.pdf) only
You can also Preview the results based on configured settings as shown below.