|version 7.9.x||Download Pending|
This article is intended for PSIcapture Administrators.
The Validation and Exceptions section of your Capture Profile configuration covers the general behavior that the capture profile will use when processing various methods of validation and the subsequent exceptions to those validation methods. Explore the article below to find out more about how to customize your Capture Profile to meet the specific needs of your business when it comes to Validation and Exceptions.
Expected Count Validation
These settings validate batch document size and structure, which can enforce consistency on an entire project.
No Validation (default)
Choose this option if the capture profile requires no validation
Validate Batch Totals
The user can select Total Folders, Total Documents and Total Pages expected to be equal to, greater than, or less than certain number. If for example total pages are set to equal 250 and the user tries to close the batch in the Capture Module after capturing 245 pages; the user will be warned that the system expected 250 but only captured 245. At this point the user may proceed to the next module (close batch), suspend the batch or capture five (5) more pages.
Expected Batch Totals by Level
In the example above the user is requiring that each batch of this Capture Profile have less than 5 Folders per Batch each having exactly 10 Documents per Folder each containing no more than 50 Pages per Document.
Exceptions Processing Options
Select the level in which the user would like to allow manual exception processing to occur using the reject button in certain modules. Conversely the user can choose to force batch integrity by un-checking all of these.
- Batch Rejected - Notification is sent when any batch is rejected from a workflow step.
- Batch Suspended in Automation - Notification is sent when a batch is suspended in Automation as an exceptions batch, or is otherwise configured to be suspended on specific conditions.
- Exception Batch Created - Notification is sent when an exception batch is created.
- Document Rejected - Notification is sent when a document is rejected from a batch.
- Document Rejected (with attachment) - Notification is sent when a document is rejected from a batch and the rejected document is attached to the email.
For more information on configuring notifications, see: