This PSIcapture Mailroom (Formerly PSIfusion/PSIcapture Fusion) Administrator Installation Guide is designed to be a simplified version of the full installation guide. For step-by-step detailed instructions on the installation process,
There are a few things we suggest doing before running the installation file.
See PSIcapture Fusion: System Requirements for further information on how to prepare a system.
The following programs need to be installed on the system prior to installation.
Note: On Windows Server 2012+ OS, these features should be added through the server management console.
Note: While PSIcapture is not required for installation, a PSIcapture installation is required to migrate to Fusion.
Microsoft .NET Framework
The PSIcapture Fusion installer will install or update the .NET Framework installation on your server. However, if you wish to install the latest version of the framework manually you may use the links below to do so.
.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)
.NET Framework 4.6/7 Advanced Services > WCF Services > HTTP Activation
Internet Information Services > World Wide Web Services > Application Development Features > .NET Extensibility 3.5 & 4.7 & ASP .NET 3.5 & 4.7
Please make sure the following features are selected.
|Enable ASP 4.5||Enable HTTP Activation|
Turning on Windows Features
If PSIcapture Fusion is being installed locally or on a VM OS users want to make sure certain features are enabled prior to installation. These can be found in the Control Panel > Programs and Features >Turn Windows features on or off (left side of programs list).
Please make sure the following features are selected:
|Enable ASP .NET 4.6||Enable HTTP Activation|
For complete documentation of the installation procedure for the .NET Framework please refer to the following article:
Internet Information Services (IIS)
IIS, the Windows integrated web server, cannot be automatically installed by the PSIcapture Fusion installer. A guide for installing IIS is located here:
IIS 7+ (Including all Windows Features)
Internet Information Services > World Wide Web Services > Common HTTP Features > Static Content
There are some roles and features users want to make sure are enabled prior to installation. These can be found in the Server Manager > Add roles and features.
More information on IIS can be found here:
Microsoft SQL Server
Ensure your computer meets the minimum requirements above, and you’ve downloaded:
Microsoft SQL Express 2019+ (x86 or x64)
Microsoft SQL 2019 Management Studio Express 18.9
Download and installation instructions for SQL Server express can be found here:
PSIcapture Fusion Installer:
PSIcapture Fusion does not support:
- Apache HTTP Web Server
- NGINX, and other open-source web server platforms
- SQLite or similar serverless databases
- PSIcapture Fusion is supported for both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms. We recommend, but do not require, a 64-bit server platform for optimum performance.
- This amount of disk space is generally required for the operating system and framework, and their updates. More may be required depending on the operating system version, and more disk space will be required for storage of scanned documents.
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) will not serve a web application to more than 10 concurrent users when running on a non-server operating system. PSIcapture Fusion will only be supported on non-server operating systems for demonstration purposes.
PSIcapture Fusion uses the following ports:
(Add Inbound and Outbound entries)
TCP/IP: 47232-47233 (Service Ports)
8080 (Or custom port in IIS)
Running the Installation (.exe) File
It is suggested that users right-click on the file and select "Run as Administrator" to avoid any permission issues. If the User Account Control (UAC) is enabled on your system/server, users may see a confirm installation window (see Figure 1).
The installer will then check for any missing prerequisites including missing Microsoft .NET and C++ Redistributable libraries. These are necessary and should not be bypassed. Failure to install all prerequisite files may result in the product not working correctly, or not working at all.
In some cases a restart is necessary to continue installation. If there is no prerequisites missing the installation will continue with no action needed by the user.
Install PSIcapture Fusion using default settings, or specify an installation directory accordingly. By default the program installation path is C:/Program Files (x86)\PSIGEN\Fusion. The path can be changed however, it is not recommended.
Agree to the terms and hit the “Install” button. If UAC is enabled, you may need to enter Administrator Credentials once more. Once the installation is complete, open SQL Server Management Studio and proceed to Post Installation instructions below.
Once installation is complete, the Installation Package can be archived or deleted as necessary.
A detailed, technical log of any actions performed by the installer can be found at C:\ProgramData\PSIGEN\Fusion\Setup\InstallLog.txt. This log also includes details on any errors that may have occurred.
Create SQL Database to Link to PSIcapture Fusion
- Create a New Database via SSMS (avoid using spaces in the name to prevent issues).
- Set the Database Owner to sa and ensure you have the login credentials for the sa account for the next step.
- Default settings for the database, including recovery model and autogrowth sizes can be left on default settings.
- Make sure the Installation Location / PC can connect to the SQL Server location without issue and proceed to Deployment Manager.
To continue the installation process, proceed to PSIcapture Fusion Administrator Guide: Creating a New Deployment