Document Profiles represent a PSIcapture Profile that has been imported, or a PSIcapture Mailroom Profile that has been manually configured to define the index fields, content import methods, and associated database lookups. Each document profile contains:
- Indexes - A list of one or more fields that define which metadata attributes should be extracted from the document content.
- General Configuration - A series of rules applied to the document profile or the document profile fields that further define the content the document profile expects
- Database Lookups - Configuration options for optional features that work to improve user throughput and accuracy when processing documents
The remainder of this article will cover features for managing the list of document profiles in the organization.
Adding or Editing a Document Profile
To add a new document profile click the Add button in the upper right corner of the document profile table. To edit an existing document profile, select the document profile you wish to edit and click the pencil icon to the right of the profile row. Both adding and editing a document profile share the same dialog
Editing a document profile involves multiple distinct sections: The General and Fields articles cover mandatory configuration steps for every document profile. The Lookups article covers an optional feature that can help improve data accuracy and indexing throughput. This section has been split into multiple articles to improve readability and ease of use.
General - Attributes & Options
The general tab defines attributes that describe the document profile, as well as a number of options that control the workflow and features that the document profile will employ. Options in this section are documented in the General Tab section below.
Fields - Defining Document Metadata
After configuring the general options for the document profile, you must add one or more fields. The Fields Tab section below documents data profiles and general field options, as well as validation and usability features that help improve the quality of your captured data without sacrificing indexing efficiency.
Lookups - Integrating External Data
When indexing documents in your organization, there are often third party data sources available that contain critical metadata and can be leveraged to reduce the amount of manual keying necessary for each document. PSIcapture Mailroom provides an optional feature called Lookups to allow you to tap into this data and integrate it into your thin client indexing solution.
Copying a Document profile
Copying a document profile allows you to take a completed document profile, make modifications to it and save the modified document profile using a new distinct name. To copy a document profile:
- Select the document profile you wish to use as a starting point for the new document profile
- Click the Copy button
- Edit the name of the document profile to be a new, unique name
- Make any additional changes to the document profile attributes, options, fields or lookups; as documented throughout this section
- Save the completed document profile
Removing a Document profile
To remove a document profile from the system, select the document profile you wish to delete from the list of document profiles and click the Remove button.
Removed document profiles are not backed up automatically or recoverable in any way. It is recommended that you first export a backup copy of a document profile before removing it in case you later need to restore it.
Importing & Exporting Document profiles
PSIcapture Mailroom allows administrators to import document profiles from external sources to facilitate sharing configurations across organizations or deployments and to ease backup and restore of critical document profile configurations. Exported document profiles are stored in an industry standard, open Extensible Markup Language (XML) format.
Importing a Document profile
To import a document profile into an organization, follow the following steps:
- Click the Import button
- Locate the XML file for the document profile you wish to import
- PSIcapture Mailroom will create a new document profile from the imported configuration file and open the new document profile for editing
- Follow the procedures documented above for Adding or Editing a Document profile
Exporting a Document profile
To export a document profile to XML, select the document profile you wish to export and click the Export button. You will be prompted for a location and file name to use when the document profile is exported. PSIcapture Mailroom will then export a complete copy of the document profile, including all attributes, options settings, fields and lookups as well as any linked Lists or Connections.
The exported document profile is not version dependent and should be usable with any version of PSIcapture Mailroom.
Configuring Document Profiles
Expand the steps below as needed to configure your PSIcapture Mailroom Document Profile: