If you are using Migrations such as Text outputs or similar, you may encounter scenarios where you wish or need to have a carriage return.
In order to do this, you will need to configure the following:
- Create an Index Field and set the datatype to "Memo". Move this field to the bottom of the list, so it is the last Index Field in the list.
- You can also choose to "Hide" this field under "Field Options" so it is not displayed to the user and it cannot be modified as shown below:
- Check "Use a Custom Validation Script" and click on the "Edit" button located on the bottom right of the window.
- Launch the script editor, and go to DocumentDataRecordInitialize
- Add the following into the script location:
dataRecord["newline"].Value = Environment.NewLine + Environment.NewLine;
- Click on "Build & Save" in the upper left corner of the window.
- Make sure that the Memo field is the last index field on the Field Settings tab in the Migration you are using.
- Under the Migration configuration > Field Settings, ensure that the "Carriage Return" field (or whatever the administrator has chosen to name the field) is the last in the list, as seen below:
To recap, the Index Field must be configured as datatype "Memo", and it needs to be the last index field in the list of your "Indexing" fields section of the configuration. Use the custom validation script, and under the Migration Configuration, ensure that the Field Settings tab has the "Carriage Return" Index Field as the last field (all other user defined index fields must be above).
If you are still experiencing difficulties, please contact our Support team by:
- Phone (949) 916-7700 ext. 2
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: PSIcapture carriage return, setup carriage return PSIcapture, how to carriage PSIcapture return setup