Problem: You attempt to edit a Cabinet SAFE migration from CNG-Advanced Capture, and the application just hangs and never produces a timeout or error, forcing you to terminate the process from Task Manager
The Cabinet SAFE server may be offline, or the IP address of SAFE has been changed. This will result in an indefinite query to the SAFE server.
Solution: You can edit the capture profile / document type to locate the old IP and update to new.
1. Stop the capture services, and navigate to C:\ProgramData\Cabinet NG\Capture.Services\Configuration\Files
2. Sort the files by size
3. Edit each XML in text editor and search for the name of the capture profile / document type to ensure you are modifying the correct profile
4. Once you have determined the correct file, make a backup of said XML file
5. Search for the IP address of the old Cabinet SAFE server
6. Replace the values with the new IP address, and save the XML
7. Start the capture services
8. Edit the capture profile / document type
9. Attempt to re-verify the connection back to Cabinet SAFE, it should now be successful and allow migrations.