IMPORTANT NOTE: In PSIcapture, there is no difference between archiving 100 batches or 1, as PSIcapture performs the process one batch at a time.
Q: I've enabled archiving on my Batch Storage settings. How does the Batch Archiving Process work?
Archive Process Breakdown:
- Copy all the files from the Batch Storage location to the Archive location. If any error occurs in this process, the entire archive process is terminated for that Batch and the error is logged.
- Once the Batch has been copied to the Archive location successfully:
- Delete the Batch folder from the Batch Storage location.
- Delete the Batch record from the Batch Manager database
- Update the Batch status in the Statistics database to indicate that it was Archived.
Article is closed for comments.