When Running Batch Retention the Capture Service is running as a Virtual User trying to delete the records. When the Capture Service does not have proper access to Delete or Archive Batch Records the error below will be logged:
"[15/04/2013 4:57:03 p.m. - Warning - v.x.x.x.xx]
Batch Retention failed to archive a batch. The Capture Services service may have insufficient permissions to access batch storage or batch retention storage locations.
=== INNER EXCEPTION ===
Access to the path '\\server-dc\Scanned_Documents\archive\20130410.130150' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
This simply means that when the service is trying to delete or archive a batch the Capture Service does not have permissions to that location."
- Run Services.msc
- Right Click on Capture Service and click Properties
- Go to the Log On section Tab
- Log into the Service as a Domain Admin with full rights to the location above
- Restart the Service
Batch Retention should now have the rights to Delete or Archive batches.
- Go into the Configuration Module.
- Click on the Batch Manager Tab.
- The Impersonation Settings should be to the lower left.
- Enable Impersonation Settings
- Type out the Username, Password, and Domain.
Please sign in to leave a comment.