Re-Index / Re-Key Feature:
The following is a quick breakdown of the proper way to configure PSIcapture for the Re-Key process:
1. Define Index Data Field as “Re-Key”.
2. Define 2 Index steps in the Workflow.
3. Index 1 has Other Options, “Perform Re-Index of fields selected to be re-keyed” UNCHECKED.
4. Index 2 has Other Options, “Perform Re-Index of fields selected to be re-keyed” CHECKED.
Following is the proper way to the Re-Key feature works:
1. Key the data in the “Re-Key” index data field in Index1;
2. Re-Key the same field in Index2;
3. If the value does NOT CHANGE from Index1 to Index2, the workflow continues uninterrupted;
4. If the value CHANGES from Index1 to Index2, user is prompted to choose the appropriate value.
For more information, see:
Advanced Indexing: Re-key Indexing and Validation
PSIcapture Administrator Guide: Index Workflow Step Configuration