|version 7.x||Download Pending|
Ensure that your before you attempt to deploy this option that Automation is off and that no current production is taking place. You can verify this by going into Configuration > Automation and ensure all options are disabled here. Ensure that no Capture.AutoImportProcessor.exe tasks are running within Task Manager > Details. You will also be prompted by Service Manager to restart your Capture Services. This task will require a Service restart for the Capture Service located under Services.msc.
This article is intended for PSIcapture Administrators.
When you install PSI:Capture 220.127.116.11+ we have the ability to move all Configuration and Batch Manager data to a SQL Server database of your choosing. This is a manual process that needs to be done from within the Service Manager under "Databases". The connection strings are entered manually and we automatically create the Database based on the name entered in the connection string "Initial Catalog".
- On the Databases tab of Service Manager, select the database you want to migrate to an External SQL Server.
- Enter the connection string to connect to that database. Samples of valid connection strings:
- Using integrated security: Data Source=.\WIN8VM;Initial Catalog=CaptureConfig;Integrated Security=True
- Hardcoded credentials: Data Source=.\WIN8VM;Initial Catalog=CaptureConfig;Integrated Security=False;User Id=sa;Password=pwd;
- Data Source is the name of the server where SQL Server resides.
- Initial Catalog is the database name. If it already exists we will use it, if not we will create it. Can be named whatever the user wants.
- Click Save. We will attempt to migrate the Local DB database over to the database provided in connection string.
- If successful, we will attempt to restart the service to reload database from new location. If we can't restart service for whatever reason we will revert back to the Local DB.
Once PSIcapture is using the external configuration databases, SQL Server Local DB is no longer required for the Capture Server only, and may be uninstalled safely. However, it must remain installed on all other systems, as it is required for proper function of the local Capture Services.
Please sign in to leave a comment.