In a Windows 8 environment, when attempting to uninstall PSIcapture, the installer may error and fail with the following two errors:
"Called RunScript when not marked in Progress" followed by "Called InstallFinalize when no install in progress"
In order to uninstall a program with this issue, you need to identify the .msi file that it uses.
- Press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run dialog.
- Type in C:\Windows\Installer and press Enter.
- Right click in a blank space and click View - Details.
- In the Details view, there are columns. Right click anywhere on the column bar and click More…
- In the list, find Subject. Check it and click OK
- Click the Subject column to sort the program names in alphabetical order. You should be able to identify which file is the the PSIcapture MSI file.
- Open a Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type in C:\Windows\Installer\ followed by the file name of the program you want to uninstall and “.msi”.
- In our example, the file is 54c55 so we would type in: C:\Windows\Installer\54c55.msi
- The uninstaller will now run and should complete successfully. You can close the Command Prompt when you are done.
Screenshots are found on the original article, at: