|version 7.7.x||Download Pending|
This article is intended for PSIcapture Administrators.
Auto Zone Creation allows Zones to be auto created when creating a new Zone Definition Profile. There are several product areas that can trigger a the creation of a new Zone Definition Profile, and subsequently this Auto Zone Creation.
NOTE: Auto Zone Creation requires a Classification Module license.
Auto Zone Creation Usage
Auto Zone Creation will automatically run in the following cases:
- Accelerated Classification Configuration – When creating a new Classification Form and Zone Definition Profile in the Classification module, Auto Zone Creation will run if the option to create a new Zone Definition Profile is selected. If a Default Zone Definition Profile is specified, Auto Zone Creation will overwrite any Zone Definitions linked to Data Fields with Auto Zone Creation enabled as long as the Form Field is located on the Form. If the Form Field is not located, the Zone defined on the default profile will be used.
- Accelerated Zone Profile Configuration – When creating a new Zone Definition Profile in the Index module, Auto Zone Creation will run if the option to create a new Zone Definition Profile is selected. Behavior for creating Zones will be the same as in the Accelerated Classification Configuration.
- Zone Configuration for Document Index Fields – When configuring a Zone Definition Profile in Document Type Configuration, Auto Zone Creation will run on the Zone Definition Profile when the Template image is first selected or when changing the Template image. If the Template image on a Zone Definition Profile is changed when Zones already exist on the Profile, the user will be asked if they want to run Auto Zone Creation and potentially overwrite the existing zones.
- Accelerated Classification Engine (ACE) - When the checkbox "Auto create a corresponding Zone Profile when a Classification Form is matched that does not already trigger one" is enabled, Zone Profiles will be auto created during the Classification process that do not currently trigger a Zone Profile. In other words, if the document matches a classification profile, but doesn't match a Zone Profile, these Zone Profiles will be automatically created based on the Auto Zone Creation Configuration. The default Zone Profile selected in "Zone Definition Profile options" will be used as the base profile with Auto Zone creation settings defined on Index fields generating/overriding zones.
- Database Import - This process can be very helpful for configuration when creating Classification Forms using the database import feature. Previously, that process would only create the Classification Form, leaving the user to manually create the Zone Profile for each. Now, the Zone Profile can also be automatically configured according to Auto Zone Creation configuration settings.
Enabling Auto Zone Creation on an Index Field
To use this feature, it must be enabled on any Index Field(s) for which you'd like to automatically create a zone. In many workflows, it is used in tandem with other automatic profile creation processes, like Accelerated Classification Engine and Database
Once enabled, click the Setup button to open the Auto Zone Creation Configuration dialog:
Form Field Options
These options will be used to try and locate the Form Field Label on the Form.
Form Field Type
- System defined - Allows the user to select from a list of built-in Form Field types. When searching for the zone to create, built-in system expressions will be used to try and determine the location of the field on the Form.
- User defined - Select from a list of User Defined Form Fields via the "Manage" button:
Additional Match Expressions
This section allows the user to add their own expressions to use when searching for the Form Field. If a Form Field Type is selected, these expressions will be run either before or after the built-in system expressions for the selected Form Field depending on the setting below.
Process Additional Expressions before Expressions associated with selected Form Field – If selected, the expressions added in the Additional Form Field Match Expressions list will be processed before the built-in expressions associated with the selected Form Field Type. Typically, if the additional expressions added are very specific, you would likely want them to be processed first.
Form Field Value Options
Once the Form Field Label has been found, these settings will be used to locate the value associated with that Form Field Label. Surrounding words on the Form will be searched and the best match will be used as the Form Field Value.
- Data type hint – the option selected will be used to help find the Form Field Value by using the selected type as validation for possible values around the located Form Field Label.
- Custom hint expression – If “Custom” is selected for the Form Field Value data type hint option, a custom hint expression can be entered. This allows the user to enter a regular expression that will be used to validate possible Form Field Values.
- Apply Character Filtering defined on Data Field on possible Form Field Values – If selected, Character Filtering settings defined on the Character Filtering tab of the Data Field will be used prior to running validation on possible Form Field Values. This will ensure that the data being validated would match the data that will be processed during normal Zone processing.
- Pages to search – Determines which pages to search when trying to locate Form Fields.
- First Page of Document Only
- All Pages of Document
- Form Field search order – Specifies the search direction to use when trying to locate Form Fields. If a Form Field is typically toward the bottom of the page then searching from the bottom to top can help find the field with higher accuracy.
- Top to Bottom
- Bottom to Top
Zone Creation Options
Create Zone type – Specifies which type of zone to create for the located Form Field.
- Smart Zone – A Smart Zone will be created with the anchor expression based on the located Form Field Label and child zones based on the Form Field Value location.
- Standard Zone – A Standard Zone will be created either around the Form Field Label or Form Field Value location depending on the Standard Zone to Create
Smart Zone Anchor Expressions – When creating Smart Zones, this setting specifies what expressions to use as the Anchor Expressions on the Smart Zone definition. No matter which option is chosen, built-in expressions for Form Types will be hidden from the users on the Smart Zone configuration dialog. See below for a screenshot of how the settings will be displayed for the various options.
- Use Form Field Matched Expression Only – Only the expression that matched the Form Field Label on the Document will be added as an Anchor Expression on the Smart Zone definition.
- Use All Form Field Expressions – All the built-in expressions for the selected Form Field Type plus the custom expressions entered by the user will be added to the Smart Zone definition, no matter which expression matched the Form Field Label on the document.
Generate Smart Zone Bounds using – This option controls the size of the zone created for the Smart Zone.
- Form Field Label and Value – The zone will be created based on the location and size of the both the Form Field Label and Value.
- Form Field Label only – The zone will be created based on the location and size of only the Form Field Label.
Create Standard Zone using – When creating Standard Zones, this option will specify if the zone should be created based on the Form Field Label size and location or the Form Field Value size and location.
- Form Field Value size and Location
- Form Field Label size and Location
Page to create Zone on – Determines which page to create the Zone definition on. If a document contains multiple pages, some Form Fields may not be on the first page. This option allows the user to control where those zones will be created.
- Create Zone on Page Found
- Create Zone on First Page