- If you are using an external SQL database to store configuration and batch management databases, does the Capture Server no longer require the Local DB to be installed?
- What about the License Server and other Network Stations?
- Only the Capture Server will make use of the External SQL databases.
- Network stations (and License Server machines) all require SQL Local DB to be installed.
- Even though License Server doesn't store data in the SQL database, it's built on the capture framework, so it requires Local DB to run.
- As far as the SQL Local DB instance backup process in later versions of PSIcapture, if the Local DB instance isn't found to back up, we just skip that process, no error is thrown.