Activate Using Offline Licensing - Standalone Method
In order to activate PSIcapture via offline licensing as a standalone installation, without the license server, please follow the steps below. Contact Support by email or by calling (949) 916-7700 ext. 2 with any questions or issues.
Open PSIcapture or License Server
Select the "Obtain License using offline activation" option from the list. Click on the "Continue" button.
Creating the License Request File
The next screen is "Offline Licensing". Select "Submit a new license request for this station". This will create the LicenseRequest.xml file that must be either uploaded to the Offline License Request portal (explained below) or emailed to Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please select the "Submit a new license request for this station" and enter in the License Key and the email to which the OfflineLicense.xml file can be sent. Click "Continue."
Next screen is Registration as shown below. Enter in the user information for the station and click "Finish." NOTE: Contact Name, Company Name, and Email are mandatory fields.
Once the "Finish" button is clicked, the user will be prompted to save the file named LicenseRequest.xml. Save the file in an easily, retrievable place and click "Save." A message will appear instructing the user to submit the file.
Submitting License Request
There are two (2) ways to submit the request file:
- Email the file to email@example.com
- Submit using the Licensing Portal in the event that your license is already reset and ready for offline activation, and PSIGEN support is not available to assist.
The Licensing Portal is at: https://licensing.psigen.com/offlinelicensing.aspx.
Click the "Choose File" button and locate the LicenseRequest.xml saved to the computer. Once selected click "Submit". The user will be able to download the offline license file as shown below.
Applying the Offline License File
- Once the OfflineLicense.xml file is obtained, Open PSIcapture or the License Server.
- Select the "Obtain License using offline activation" option from the list.
- Click on the "Continue" button.
- Select "Install a license received from a previous request".
- Click on the find file button in the entry area and locate the saved file.
- Select "Open" and then click the "Next" button. PSIcapture will then validate the license.
Article is closed for comments.