Changing the IIS Port Binding of Mailroom
Product Version: Kofax PSIcapture Mailroom 3.3+
Intended Audience: System Administrator
This article will help you with specifying a new Port Binding in IIS for your Kofax PSIcapture Mailroom deployment. Mailroom creates a new site in IIS on port 80 by default. A user may wish to change the port binding from 80 to another port. The instructions below will guide you through changing this port binding.
Editing your Port Binding
- From your Start Menu, launch Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Expand Sites on the left menu
- Locate your Mailroom Site (named PSIcapture Mailroom by default)
- Right click on PSIcapture Mailroom site and click “Edit Bindings”.
- Edit default port binding of “80” to your desired port
Editing the Web Configuration file
- While still in IIS, right-click on your site again
- Select “Explore” from the menu.
- From the Windows Explorer window that opens, locate the file “Web.config”.
- Create a backup of “Web.config” prior to editing the file
- Select “Open with” and choose a text editor (such as Notepad) to edit the file with:
- Within the Web.config file, search for and locate “<services>” section
- For the value named “endpoint address”, update the existing address to include the same port you specified in the IIS port bindings.
- Save Web.config file.