Beginning February 21, 2022, prior to contacting Kofax PSIGEN product support, you will need to create a support ticket via our Support Portal. The process is simple, and the instructions below will help you get started.
In order to log in to the support portal, you will need an account. Many of you will have an account already, but you might not be aware that it exists. The simplest way to check is to request a password reset from the Support Portal.
Requesting a password reset
- In a web browser, navigate to https://support.psigen.com.
- In the upper-right corner, click the Sign In link. A pop-up window will appear:
- Click the Forgot my password link.
- In the E-mail field, enter your e-mail address; this will most likely be an address issued by your organization. When you're done, click Submit.
- Check the e-mail you entered for a password reset request. You may need to look in your Spam or Blocked Items folder. The e-mail will look something like this:
Note: If you do not receive the e-mail within an hour, request the reset again. If you are still having issues, you may not yet have an account set up in our system. At this time, we don't offer self-registration. To have an account created for you, please reach out to your channel manager or e-mail email@example.com. Please note that accounts are created manually and may take time before they are active.
- Click the link in the e-mail, which will open a new web browser.
- Enter a new password, following the guidelines mentioned in the screenshot, and then click Change Password.
You are now ready to log in to the Support Portal using your e-mail address and new password!
Creating a support ticket
Now that you have a valid account and password, you can create a support ticket using the steps below.
- In a web browser, navigate back to https://support.psigen.com and in the upper-right corner, click the Create a Support Ticket link.
- Enter your username and password and then click Sign In.
- The Create a Request page will open. There are a number of fields on this page to fill out. The more detail you can provide here, the faster we'll be able to assist you on the matter.
Leave the Product Family field set to PSIGEN.
From the Software Product drop-down, select the software with which you need assistance.
In the Product Version field, enter the version of the software with which you're working. To find this, you can go to Help > About in the application, or (for most versions) look in the lower left or right corner of the splash screens when launching the application.
Examples: 22.214.171.1246, 126.96.36.199
The Product Version Details field is optional; if the issue is related to a pre-release, beta build, or specific hotfix version, you can note that here.
From the Type drop-down, select the type of request with which you need assistance.
From the Priority drop-down, select the number corresponding to how much impact the issue is having on your ability to work with the software; see the note below the field for descriptions of each value.
In the Subject field, enter a brief description of your issue. You may want to include the area within the product your support ticket is about, or a summary of the error message you might be receiving.
In the Description field, expand some on the Subject field; you may want to note things like environmental specifics, a number of people affected by the issue, the text of error messages you're receiving, and your preferred method of communication (e-mail or phone call).
From the Environment drop-down, select whether this is a development, UAT, Production, etc. environment.
Lastly, you can use the Add file link to add attachments such as logs or screenshots of errors.
A new ticket will be created in our support system. One of our engineers will do our best to reply to you as soon as possible. You may also call in to our support line and reference the ticket number for immediate assistance.