PSIsafe version 18.104.22.1688+
PSIsafe Share version 2.0+
This article is intended for On-Premises & Cloud customers.
This article is intended for general use.
Once access to PSIsafe Share is properly configured, sharing and managing the documents is simple. The following is a basic walkthrough of sharing and managing functions in the PSIsafe Client related to PSIsafe Share.
Basic Sharing Process and Variations
- Login to PSIsafe.
- Locate the document(s) you would like to share by opening the folder or using search.
- There are several ways to initiate a Share. One method is to highlight the document(s) you want to share, click the “Tools” menu button > SHARE:
Another method is to right-click on the selected document(s) and select “Share”:
Another method is to drag & drop to the Share section of the Speed Bar shown below:
- Files can also be shared from Windows by dragging a document from Windows Explorer, or the PSIsafe Explorer Window to the SHARE Speed Bar in PSIsafe. This opens the share screen, which is discussed in the section below.
Once the Share window is open, you can drag and drop document(s) to the document list. Select end user(s) or group(s) to share the document(s) with. Click "Share" which is located at the bottom right of the window. The selected document(s) will be sent to the selected Share end user and a notification email will be sent to them.
You may share comments with Share users via text-based notes using the Notes field. The note will be available in the Share Documents when you select the document.
Share Tab Options
- User Dropdown - Here the current logged in user's name is displayed. NOTE: Administrators have the option to select "Administrator" mode to select another user.
- Address Book - This button brings up the address book window where the user can input single end users or import multiple end users.
- Refresh - Allows the user to refresh the documents list for any updates.
- Actions - Allows user to perform the following functions to any document in the list.
Preview: Shows the highlighted document(s) in a separate window.
Save to PSIsafe: Copies selected document(s) into PSIsafe using filer. Filer will default to the currently selected folder in PSIsafe; however, the PSIsafe user can point Filer to a different folder, if desired.
Save to Windows: Copies selected document(s) into the Windows filing system.
Open: Opens selected document(s), in View mode, using the designated manager. NOTE: No document edits are allowed in the Share panel.
Resend: Resends document to the end user. NOTE: Only applies to documents that are checked as deleted.
Find inPSIsafe: Opens corresponding folder and highlights selected document in PSIsafe. If multiple documents are selected, Find in PSIsafe will locate the last document selected.
Delete: Deletes selected document. If multiple documents are selected, delete will only delete the last document selected.
- Resend Activation Email – Resends initial email to non end user authentication process.
Admin Tools - This button only appears when "Administrator" mode is selected from the User Dropdown.
Email Customization - Three automated emails can be customized in Share. Both the Email’s Subject line and Body can be customized.
First activation message – i.e., located in your gmail account or outlook.
Second activation message – i.e., located in your gmail account, has coded password to activate your account, enter, you will be requested to set up a new password.
New Share message – each time you receive a document from a User saying that they have a shared item from PSIsafe.
Set Branding Logo & Logo Text: This allows the administrator user to place a logo in the Share end user portal. A custom graphic can be applied and used in the End User interface. The default is the PSIsafe logo and “Share”. The logo graphic must be a bmp, jpg, or png image up to 153 x 58 pixels.
- Expiration Policy - Set document expiration date. The default is 90 days. Documents will be removed from the Share folder after the expiration date. Documents filed in PSIsafe will not be deleted. Caution: Documents shared via the Windows Explorer may or may not be in SAFE. File these documents into SAFE prior to the expiration date to avoid permanent deletion. Available in the Admin Tools, located on the PSIsafe Share Documents button bar - log in as the administrator and set “Expiration Policy.”
- New Users Activation URL - Users can set a specific activation URL for new end users.
SHARE License Count – This shows the total Share licenses that can be assigned to PSIsafe Users. Share users are assigned under User settings in Management.
External License User Count –This shows the maximum number of End Users that can be assigned Share access. The default is 500 end users. Contact PSIGEN sales if additional End Users are required.
Notes - Notes text can be viewed and added to a shared document at any time. Select document and enter text in the Notes text box located just below the displayed notes. Click “Add” to move and save the new note into the list of existing notes.
Personalize Columns: This works similar operation as in the rest of the PSIsafe client.
Right click in the column header bar, select “Column Chooser” to drag and drop desired column headings. NOTE: The four User Fields, if used, are associated with the Share address book and should not be confused with the custom column feature used elsewhere in PSIsafe. Columns added are user customized – different for each user.
- Grouping: Share introduces a new grouping capability that allows the user to group by any column. Grouping is accomplished by dragging the desired column heading into the Grouping Box, located just about the Column headings. (See “Drag a column header here to group by that column”) Subgrouping is accomplished by dragging additional column headings into the Grouping Box. In the example below, items are first grouped by expiration date and then by whom they are shared with. Clicking the + and – symbols open and collapse item lists.
Managing Shared Documents
Shared documents will show a status of New, and will change to "Accessed" when the document is selected by the end user. In the note section to the upper right, the date and time the document was shared is given, and any notes that have already been added will be displayed. Additional notes may be added from the note section at the bottom right of the screen by entering and clicking on Add.
Keywords: PSIsafe Share Guide, PSIsafe Share End User Guide, How to Use PSIsafe Share