The Workflow Management section allows a PSIsafe Administrator to query the database for items in workflow. The operation of the Query Screen is very similar to the Query screen in the Reports section or Search section within the PSIsafe Client. There are four other tabs associated with the management screen: Edit, Indexes, Trace, and AP.
Building a Query to identify workflow items will depend on the unique circumstance in which a PSIsafe Administrator needs to locate the workflow content. Building a Query can be simple or complex, depending on the situation and how general, or specific, the search filters need to be. Below is a list of each Filter with a brief description if necessary:
- Type - Folder, Document, Bundle, Distribution, Distribution w/Reply, External, and AP are all types of Workflow items that can be filtered.
- Date: Originated
- Date: Sent
- Date: Current
- Date: Completed
- Date: Recalled
- Days Back: Originated
- Days Back: Sent
- Days Back: Current
- Days Back: Completed
- User: Originated By
- User: Sent By
- User: Currently With
- User: Completed
- User: Recalled
- Group: Currently With
The Edit tab allows a workflow administrator to manually remove a document from workflow and send it to a User, Group, Originator, or Cabinet location. This tool is meant to be used only in exceptional circumstances where the original Workflow cannot be completed, and should not be part of the normal process for workflow.
Edits can be performed via the following steps:
- Select all of the listed items (All Listed Items) or only those selected from the list in the bottom pane (Selected Items).
- Enter the destination type:
User - A single PSIsafe User you wish to redirect the Workflow Item to.
Group - A Group of PSIsafe Users configured in the Groups section.
Originator - The original PSIsafe User who initiated the Workflow item.
Cabinet - File to a Cabinet folder within one of your PSIsafe Repositories.
- Pick the selection from Step 2.
- Enter any additional Workflow remarks.
- Click the Save button to reroute the workflow item.
The indexes screen displays the Folder Indexes for the item currently selected at the bottom of
the screen. Users can select different documents in the search results and see their attached Folder Indexes.
The trace feature allows the administrator to look at the workflow history of the item selected from the list selected by the Query tab. The trace displayed here is similar to the Trace used in PSIsafe Client, and can be printed.
Recall Workflow Item
Workflow items can be recalled at any point within the Workflow by the originator, Workflow manager, or administrator.
- Recall can be performed by the originator in Client.
- Recall can be performed by Originator, Manager and Administrator in Management.
- Recall requires a remark.
- Multi-select is allowed.
- Distributed item is not allowed for recall.
- Status ‘Complete’ items are not valid for recall.
- All Recall items are Audited.
Using Management to recall items
- Go to Management > Workflow > Management.
- Click Advanced Button.
- Pick User (Administrator has access to all users, otherwise the user must have Workflow permissions to edit the Workflow items of another user).
- Select Workflow Item(s). Control/Shift click to select multiple.
- Right Click and Click Recall.
- User must enter reason for recall. Recall action is traced.
For more information on Recalling items, see:
PSIsafe User Guide: Workflow: Recall Workflow Item
PSIsafe Administrator Guide: Workflow: Recall Workflow Item
Controlling The Order Of Items In Dropdown Lists
Rule steps containing pull down items are listed in alphabetic order. This allows the order of items
in the list to be controlled by using numbers or alphabetic titles.
PSIsafe AP is a deprecated module, and is only available for legacy customers. For more information on using this tab, Contact PSIGEN Support.
Article is closed for comments.